download products woocommerce:
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Downloadable Products.
- Select a file download method from the dropdown.
Creating downloadable products
- Go to: Products > Add Product to add a new Simple product as outlined in Adding and Managing Products.
- Tick the Downloadable checkbox.
After ticking this box, other options appear: Downloadable Files, Download Limit, Download Expiry.
3. Select the Add file button, and then name the file. Enter the downloadable URL if it’s hosted elsewhere, or select the Choose file button to either insert an existing file from your Media Library or to Upload a new file. Upload the file and click Insert to set up each downloadable file URL. Match the URL of the product to the URL of your site. (i.e., if you have a www in your site URL, then make sure that is in the file URL.)
4.Enter the Download Limit (optional). Once a user hits this limit, they can no longer download the file.
5. Enter the Download Expiry. If you define a number of days, download links expire after that.
6. Select the Download Type from the dropdown.
Configuring a Download button to a downloadable file.
Now that we have entered a downloadable product to our website. It’s time to configure a download button to our downloadable products.
Download Free Downloads WooCommerce plugin. This plugin offers free download on your Woocommerce store. It allows users to bypass the checkout to download your free products.
Activate the plugin and do the plugin settings:
- Write the button text
- Tick the checkbox Allow download on shop / archive pages